This, is what a burger should taste like!

First, a thank you to my lil' sis for the shout out on her blog - Today I Made Risotto . She makes super good food, especially desserts. When she's not cooking, she is working toward becoming the first female member of the Blue Man Group. Or the second...

Now... the food...

Today I give you: The Black Bean Seitan Burger


Remember the Italian Seitan Sandwiches? There was extra seitan, so I froze it until it was needed.

1 1/4c. Seitan
1 15oz can of Black Beans (rinse them, the can juice isn't needed)
1 T. Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 c. Bread Crumbs
2 T. Flour
1/2 c. Corn
1/2 t. Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 t. Cumin
1/2 t. Chili Powder
1/4 t. Salt
1-2 T. Veg. Oil

It really is this easy: Throw the seitan and black beans into your food processor and pulse them until they are completely mixed. Put the mixture into a bowl, add the other ingredients and mix them with your hands.

Heat up a skillet - while heating, prepare your patties... between 1/4 and 1/3 cup is a good amount for a patty. Add some oil to your skillet, then add the burgers. They cook quickly, and I recommend letting them get pretty dark on each side. Put them in a bun with all of the fixings and it is fantastic! I added portobellos, onions, lettuce and tomatoes. They have some heat to them from the spices, but not so much that I'd call them spicy.

1 Response to "This, is what a burger should taste like!"

  1. Mary Says:

    Love you, sissy :) Sorry Josh hung up on you yesterday hahaha

    For clarification: I want to be the glitter blue man.

    And the burger looks amazing. You HAVE to make that next time I come over.

Post a Comment